Overview of double-sided PCBs
Why choose complex PCB technologies when double-sided PCBs are both simpler and less expensive? The use of cost-effective PCB technologies based on standard FR4 base material or as IMS with copper carrier is still sufficient for many applications, such as in industrial electronics or in the automotive sector. The PCBs produced in this way map your layout on two plated-through copper layers.
- Cost effective PCB-technology
- Minor degree of complexity
- Everything from a single source - from circuit board samples to series production
- Printed circuit board samples available in series quality
- Simplest and fastest technology solutions
- The finest printed circuit board layouts are possible
|Leiterplattendicke||0,5 mm - 3,20 mm|
|Final copper||18 - 210 µm|
|PCB layout||≥ 70/80 µm|
|Minimum drilling diameter||0.2 mm|
|Aspect ratio||≤ 1:10|
The values specified represent the maximum performance spectrum and may be restricted in certain combinations.
Solder resist masks
- Photosensitive coating systems, thermal final curing
- Colours: green, red, blue, glossy black, matt black, white, yellow
- Non-photosensitive coating systems, purely thermosetting: white, black
- Chemical nickel/gold
- Chemical tin
- Electroplated nickel/gold
- HAL or HAL lead-free
- others on request
- Hole filler/through hole filler
- Peelable solder mask
The end faces of the PCB contour can be plated in order to improve the EMC protection of a PCB, make electrical contact with the housing of the module or meet increased cleanliness requirements.
Milled plated through holes
It is possible to produce application-specific components with so-called milled plated through holes. Due to the possibility of contact on the front side, the resulting PCBs can be soldered as components to another board (interposer).
Contour production: milling and scoring
If you have any questions about the topic, we are happy to be your contact person.