Thick copper/Iceberg® PCBs
Increasingly powerful components require an increasing amount of current and emit increasing amounts of heat. To ensure the reliability of the circuit in the long term, the circuit board must also satisfy these requirements. Thick copper circuit boards are characterised by stack-ups with mixed copper thicknesses of 105 to 400 μm in the outer layers with a uniform surface topography. To ensure good thermal management these boards are used for high currents and for cooling because the copper encourages heat dissipation. Implementation is usually on a multi-layer or double-sided circuit board.
Whether it is for thermal management or current carrying capacity, thick copper and know-how are both in demand here - at KSG you get both, as appropriate for your project!
- From prototype to large-scale production from a single supplier
- Series quality samples
- Power and control electronics on a single board
- Optimised parts and logistics management
- Production and processing with common copper-based materials using standard processes
- Cost optimisation of the final product
- Use of standard materials and technologies
- High currents and heat dissipation in the circuit board